Individual Fleet Solutions Limited ("we"/"us") Of Colman House, 121 Livery Street, Birmingham, B3 1RS, trading address: 93 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3ES, are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.
This statement explains what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes. This policy is effective from 23/05/2018
We collect information about you when you engage with us either through our call centre, our website, other digital platforms or our partners.
Some of this information does not identify you personally, but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us (we use this information to improve our services and make them more useful to you).
The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
1. Your personal details including name, date of birth, address, employment and contact details
2. Your banking and financial information where you may provide it (including income, expenditure and previous credit history)
3. Information about your lifestyle and home ownership
4. Identifiers assigned to your computer or other devices, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address
6. Details of communications between us (for example emails or call recordings)
7. Any other information which you may provide to us
We will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. The legal basis of processing will vary depending the type of service you have requested and we have listed some examples of our processing activities below;
1. Administering your vehicle quotes and policies (as is necessary for performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
2. Carrying out anti-fraud and anti-money laundering checks and verifying your identity (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
3. Assessing financial risks, including by carrying out credit reference checks and credit scoring assessments, (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
4. Broking your finance agreement and any related services (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
5. Using your payment details to process payments or refunds relating to a service provided by us (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
6. Sending you information about your end of contract obligations and how to renew your vehicle hire agreement (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations);
7. Communicating with you about your quotes and policies including responding to your enquiries (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
8. Administering debt recoveries, where you owe us money under a contract or otherwise (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
9. Undertaking market research and statistical analysis, including analysing your use of our website. This allows us to develop new, or improve existing, products and services (as is necessary for our legitimate interests); and
10. Fulfilling our obligations owed to a relevant regulator or authority (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests).
Our "legitimate interests" as referred to in this document include our legitimate business purposes and commercial interests in operating our business in a customer-focused, efficient and sustainable manner, in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Automated Decisions and Profiling
We will never make automated decisions when processing your data nor will we use profiling techniques.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with third party suppliers who fulfil business activities for us. In these situations we will only share the information that is necessary for the third party to perform the processing activity it was provided for, such as;
Some of these third parties may also be considered a data controller in respect of holding your personal data. In these cases, we will provide you with the privacy statements of those parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship. In any event, the retention period will be the statutory retention period unless there is a further legal or regulatory requirement to do so.
How can you manage the information we hold about you?
Under the data protection act you have certain rights in relation to the data we hold about you. Under GDPR these rights are extended and listed below;
Please note that these rights may be limited by data protection legislation, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. If you have a complaint regarding any aspect of how we handle your personal information, If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you are still not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may write to the Information Commissioner's Office at the following address: Information Commissioner's Office
You can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office using their online form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
* All vehicle images and car descriptions on this site are for illustration and reference purposes only and are not necessarily an accurate representation of the vehicle on offer.
T: 0131 524 9445
F: 0844 357 2033
Individual Fleet Solutions Limited
7/9 North St David Street
Registered Office : Colman House, 121 Livery Street, Birmingham, B3 1RS
| Registered in England & Wales with company number : 07659818 | Data Protection No : Z3004942 | VAT No : 114 789 495 |
Individual Fleet Solutions Limited are a credit broker and not a lender, we are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered No : 728474
Copyright © 2018 Individual Fleet Solutions Limited, All rights reserved.